Name : DR. MALAY CHAKRABORTY
Academic Qualifications and Training:
MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery) —- Assam Medical College , Dibrugarh under Dibrugarh university. Passed MBBS with highest marks in Surgery.
MS (Master of Surgery) ——- In General Surgery from Assam Medical College , Dibrugarh under Dibrugarh University.
MCh (Magister Chirurgiae) in Neurosurgery from the Institute of Post graduate medical education and research (IPGMER) , Kolkata.
Fellow of Neurosurgery (FNS) through Commonwealth Scholarship ——– 4 years of Neurosurgical training at the Dept. of Neurosurgery, Regional Neurosciences Centre and Royal Victoria Infirmary, Newcastle University, Newcastle Upon Tyne, England, U.K.
|Neurosurgeons With whom I have worked
Guides , Teachers and observed surgeries done by:-
|Dr (Prof) Ramprasad (Robin) Sengupta MSc , FRCS , FRCS||Life Member of Neurological Society of India (NSI) CNS-13.|
|Dr R.M. Kalbag FRCS||Member of the Neurotrauma Society of India (NTSI).|
|Dr P.J. Crawford FRCS||Life Member of the Skull Base Surgery Society of India (SBSSI).|
|Prof. John Hankinson FRCS||Member of the Indian Society of neurooncology (ISNO).|
|Dr Alexander David Mendelow Phd , FRCS||Member of the Association of Neuroscientists of Eastern india.|
|Dr M.J. Betty FRCS , MRCS||Member of the Indian Society of Cerebrovascular Surgery.|
|Prof Madjid Samii MD , Phd||Member of the Society of British Neurosurgeons (SBNS).|
|Prof M Gazi Yasargill MD||Member of the World Federation of Neurosurgery (WFNS).|
|Prof Chandranath Sen MD|
|Dr Manoj Bhattacharjee MS , MCh|
|Dr (Prof) K.V. Mathai MS (Surgery) , MS (Neurosurgery)|
|Prof R.N. Roy MS , MCh|
|Padmashree Dr. Veer Singh Mehta MS , MCh|
|Dr A.K. Banerji MS(Surgery) , MS (Neurosurg)|
Academic Work of Dr. Malay Chakraborty
My independent neurosurgical operative experience started in the year 1992. Since then I have done a huge amount of cranio- spinal trauma and stroke surgeries. Apart from emergency conditions I have also operated on huge amount of elective neurosurgical cases like brain tumours at difficult locations including skull base tumours , surgeries for vascular lesions like aneurysms, AVMs ,Moya moya disease etc , cervical disc surgery , lumbar disc surgeries , syringomyelia, spinal tumours , tethered cord syndrome and spinal instrumentation for spinal fixation. Very regularly I also operate for disease pathologies related to peripheral nerves.
- Vascular Neurosurgery for aneurysms and AVMs.
- Microsurgery for Skull base Tumours.
In India :
- Prof R.N.Roy . Consultant Neurosurgeon and formerly Professor and head Dept. of Neurosurgery IPGME&R Kolkata.
- Prof. A.K. Banerji, Consultant Neurosurgeon VIMHANS, New Delhi and Professor Emeritus AIIMS, New Delhi.
- Prof Manoj Kr Bhattacharya . Consultant Neurosurgeon. Professor and Head Dept. of Neurosurgery IPGMER&R Kolkata.
- Prof Veer Singh Mehta. Consultant Neurosurgeon . Paras Hospital , Gurgaon. Formerly Professor and head Dept. of Neurosurgery , All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) , New Delhi.
- Prof. K.V.R. Sastry, Consultant Neurosurgeon, NIMHANS , Bangalore.
- Prof K.V. Mathai . Consultant neurosurgeon . Formerly Professor and Head Dept. of Neurosurgery , CMCH Vellore.
- Prof. Atul Goel, Professor and HOD, Dept. of Neurosurgery, KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Prof R.P. Sengupta, OBE, Emeritus Professor and Consultant Neurosurgeon. Regional Neurosciences centre , Newcastle upon tyne , England , U.K. & Chairman of the Institute of Neurosciences , Kolkata
- Prof R.M. Kalbag. Consultant Neurosurgeon. Regional Neurosciences centre , Newcastle upon tyne , England , U.K.
- Prof Chandranath Sen . Consultant Neurosurgeon and Director Dept of Neurosurgery , New York university (NYU) Langone Medical Centre, USA.
- Prof. Alexander David Mendelow, Consultant Neurosurgeon, Royal Victoria Infirmary (RVI), Regional Neurosciences Centre, Newcastle upon Tyne, England, U.K.
- Prof. John Hankinson, Consultant Neurosurgeon , Newcastle upon Tyne, England, U.K.